Today themes compilation from web-headliner TemplateMonster presents to your attention different spheres related WordPress themes, sharing the one very interesting and popular feature. This feature is called Material Design. So, what does it mean? How does it look? And how does it work? Go ahead and let’s figure this out.
We will try to explain this notion as a combination of various notions and design principles we’ve already seen but never used that as a complex. Originally, material design was created for Android. But nowadays it has perfectly got into website development and creation. Moreover, lots of authors and developers have grasped this idea and embodied it into their projects and portfolios.
Its hottest pick of popularity has grown up in 2015 and takes its strong position till now. So, it truly deserves to be illuminated in this fresh round-up of WordPress themes devoted exactly Material Design elements.
Due to the Wikipedia terminology Material Design is a design language developed by Google in 2014 and starts from the release of the latest Android Lollipop version, 5.0. In turn, Matias Duarte, computer interface designer and Google’s Vice President of Design, determines material design this way: “unlike real paper, our digital material can expand and reform intelligently. Material has physical surfaces and edges. Seams and shadows provide meaning about what you can touch.” Google defines this new approach a visual language that combines innovative principles of technology with classic standards of design, and underlines that their new design language is based on paper and ink.
“We challenged ourselves to create a visual language for our users that synthesizes the classic principles of good design with the innovation and possibility of technology and science. This is material design.”
NB! Be aware, that TemplateMonster has researched this topic previously more detailed and shared with the full article about material design, its origin, point of views on it, its peculiarities and forms on TM blog .
Here are the main features material design is characterized by:
- material design is based in the tactile reality of rationalized space and consistent motion
- the existence and interaction of objects in space are conveyed through the basics of light, surface and motion
- it is influenced by key elements of print design, namely fonts, colors, images, grids, scales and space
- it is the user who plays the role of a motion-setter and transforms the environment with his actions. When objects are moved and transformed, their transitions remain coherent, which keeps the continuity of the experience
- it takes place in the 3D space, where objects have three dimensions, particularly width, height and thickness
- in the material environment, objects cast shades that indicate the direction of motion and the distance between surfaces, i.e. elevation. When the level of objects’ elevation grows, shadows become larger and softer, whereas its decrease makes shadows smaller and crisper
- content can take any shape and color, but it doesn’t add any thickness to the material scene. Although content behavior is independent of the material design, it is still limited within its borders
- material design can undergo a number of transformations. It can grow and shrink along its plane as well as consolidate after being split
- objects in the material environment maintain parent-child relations that determine their interaction. Each object can be subordinate to only one parent and can have any number of children. Objects take over all the properties of their parent, e.g. position, scale, rotation and elevation.
Too many words, explanations and definitions 😉 And to tell the truth, Material Design term is much easily to show in live than explain in words. For non-designers and developers it might be hard to imagine how it looks and how it works in real.
It is even harder to take a screenshot of , because material design is alive. It is presented by motions, transformations, shades and so on. Namely material design elements breathe life into your website look, make it real one, nice and sometimes fun to look at, which surely catches the eye even of the most demanding customers.
Making a website with the ready material design that are included with the template is going to save your time on thoughts about creating the impressive theme elements. You just choose the one that matches your preferences and implement them into live website. So check out this template selection with the awesome material design and you will definitely find the one to suit your specific project.
Monstroid WordPress Theme
Website Design WordPress Template
Web Design WordPress Template
Web Design WP Template
Science Lab Responsive WordPress Theme
Travel Agency Responsive WordPress Theme
Education WP Theme
Night Club WP Template
Car Dealers WordPress Theme
Active Sports WordPress Theme
Home Remodeling Contractor WordPress Theme
Drondo Corporate WordPress Theme
Real Estate WP Theme